Tuesday 21 August 2012

Paper Roses

Hi,well August is drawing to a close and I am still waiting for summer,it has rained here all afternoon,hope the sun has been shining wherever you are.This card I have made for my Auntie who is celebrating her Birthday tomorrow,another card that has winged its way down to the South  East of England.I have had this stamp for an age.



Stamp by Stamps Happen,INC


I created the paper beads for this embellishment from the trimmings from the background  papers  I used ,they seemed too pretty to  throw away (Waste not,want not!!) Ribbon and beads from stash



The image I coloured with Promarkers

The butterfly was stamped with grunge stamp from LOTV ,distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Tattered Rose ,and glittered with Diamond Stickles


Flowers from WOC

Other items I used:
Pearls and black stones from stash
Backing Papers -Polkadoodles Picnix CD Rom
Flourish Leaves Die-CheeryLynne
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four
Greeting computer generated




I would like to enter this card into the following challenge
TotallyPaperCrafts Friday Challenge-Inspired by a song 

I was inspired by the song Paper Roses by Marie Osmond (showing my age now).I loved this song as a child I thought it was quite apt as the backing papers have roses on,the hat on the image has roses and of course some of my embellishments are  paper roses.



7 comments:

  1. oh totally gorgeous although thought for a minute you were my friend Sue her blog has the same name as yours what a coincidence
    she makes fabulous stuff too, but then she would she use to run a shop by the same name
    hugs and enjoy your evening
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally gorgeous, beautiful image and beautifully coloured too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just passing through with a few comments and should be back in a few days time. What lovely cards you have been making this week! I love every one! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Jacqueline :) I too love making paper beads. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for stopping by my Blog with your much appreciated comment and for all your lovely comments even whilst I was missing. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a little note to say thanks for stopping by my Blog with your lovely comments and to wish you a lovely weekend. Judy x

    ReplyDelete