Saturday 19 January 2013

Time for a sketch


Hope you are keeping safe and warm during this snowy weather.Great crafting weather.For a while now I  have been inspired by Judy at http://inkypinkydelights.blogspot.co.uk to use a sketch, Judy is on the design team for A Die For A Sketch.I love using my dies and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to use both a sketch and my dies,and I get to enter a challenge ,something else  have been meaning to do more of too.This is what I have come up with.




What I used:
Sissix Butterfly Die #4
Cheerylynne Leaf Flourish
Cheerylynne Medium Rose- I used this to create both the roses and the daisy type flowers.
Nellie's Multi Frames-MFD030-g
Backing Papers-Nitwits
Pearls and Faux Diamanté from stash
VersaMagic Chalk Ink-Sea Breeze
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Shabby Shutters
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Alteration Embossing Folder
Image & Sentiment  -Country Companions Stamps
Turquoise card stock-Create and Craft

 I cut the largest die from the Nellie's Multi Frame set of dies and cut into quarters to create the corners,  as seen to the left  of the image below.I colour tinted the edges with VersaMagic Chalk Ink-Sea Breeze
 The antennae on the butterfly here below are the negative elements from a corner die that I have. 

The flowers I used white pearl card stock and coloured them with the VersaMagic Chalk Ink, Sea Breeze such a lovely colour.For the leaves I also used white pear card stock and colour tinted with Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Shabby Shutters

 I used Promarkers to colour this cute little hedgehog

I would like to enter this into the following challenge
 A die for a Sketch Monthly Challenge #8
 http://adieforasketch.blogspot.co.uk/

27 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jacqueline love that hedgehog and the way you've coloured it
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful...love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline, A beautiful card with a sweet image and the bleu and wit colours fits so well together. Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch. Hope to see you next time too. Ilonka DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Jacqueline! Your flowers are gorgeous, and I really like the lovely butterflies too! I'm so happy you've joined us at A Die for a Sketch!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwwww how cute is that??? Your card is gorgeous. Love all the Die's you have used. You came up with an stunning creation and take of the Sketch.
    Thanks for joining us again at A Die for a Sketch!

    Love to follow your blog, hope you like that :) If you like, hop over and visit my blog.

    Hugs Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline, Oh WOw I am so pleased to see you are entering your lovely card in the Die for a Sketch Challenge. I love your card, and what a great take on the Sketch. i do hope you enjoyed it and we will see you again next month. Good luck with the Challenge. Judy x (with her DT hat on! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!!! I love the butterflies and your interpretation of the sketch! Good luck with the Challenge!!!
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a sweetie, love the image the colour choice and a great card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sweetie, this is very sweet I love it hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gorgeous cards Jaqueline, lots of beautiful details to see and so brilliantly put together. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacqueline, this is gorgeous interpretation of the sketch and I really like the blue shades and dies you've used. The little hedgie is as cute as can be.
    Thanks for joining us at A Die for a Sketch and hope to see you next time too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gorgeous jacqueline.your details are so pretty and i love the adorable image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, such delicate colours, lovely embellies and cute image. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and so much to see! LOve the combination of the colours and sweet image! Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch. Willie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your kind words on my Blog. Yes I am on Cloud nine, especially to see one of my cards on the front cover. I am chuffed to see you tried the Sketch too! There are quite a few Sketch Challenges and i love working to a Sketch, it gives a great starting point to a card. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so cute Jacqueline. I love sketches and I think you've done a fabulous job. Especially love your floral embellishments. Beautiful.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jacqueline, this is gorgeous hunnie. Love the hedgie and the colours and fab detail. The butterfly is beautiful and clever you using up the bits from a corner die.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just dropping by for a visit. These cards are fabulous. I don't have that talent, but love looking at them. Thanks for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jacqueline, I am just stopping by to wish you a happy weekend, and to thank you for your lovely kind words on my Blog. Enjoy, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work for the sketch this time! Thank you for joining us at a Die For a Sketch! Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Jacqueline, a great design for stunning colours and papers. Your image is delightful - fabulous colouring and your details are scrumptious - especially your beautiful flowers!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! I really love your work. The cute hedgehodge and the colors of paper you picked. Thank you so much for joining us at a Die for a Sketch.

    Hugs marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous card Jacqueline! So many beautiful layers, wonderful texture and embellishments.

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Jacqueline, really love all the elements on the front. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm off to Ross paper craft too on Sunday, I wonder if we spot each other!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful card , great colours trace x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for your kind words on my Blog. I would love it if you played along at the Sketch Challenge again! Happy weekend too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete