Monday, 14 January 2013

Happy New Year....

It's been a while since my last post but somehow Christmas got in the way.I hope you all had a very happy and peaceful Christmas and I would like to wish you all very Happy New Year,I am so happy to be back in the land of blog, and I am looking forward to seeing all your creations in 2013.There is so much inspiration and talent out there sometimes my head hurts because I get so many ideas I just don't which one of them to try out first.
On to my first post of 2013,hope you like it.

Image from  http://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.co.uk
  ( this is is beautiful blog),
It was taken from one of a series of 12 images - Victorian Calender.
So Thank You to Megan Berry  for making this available to download, 

What I used:
 Marianne Design Dies- the birds here and the bird cage.
I then glued them onto the base of the main part of the card using tacky glue.
These were cut from the backing of a A4 writing pad,this was very much like chipboard and gave me the thickness I wanted to create this embossed effect.
.Although the image does not seem to have picked it up I placed creased strips of  masking tape onto my card at the bottom right and top left hand corners.
.I then painted a layer of Gesso over the whole of the card .Once dry I then used a pink pigment ink  to give a distressed feel to the card.,I also used Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress Ink to add a little more depth of colour to shaded areas
I also used hot glue from my glue gun over the top of the masking tape to give a further textured effect.
I have seen this technique being used on YouTube.
Once the glue had dried I brushed Perfect Pearls over the top (It gave a lovely finish to a simple medium)


The flowers,pearls and ribbon  were from my stash
Leaves are Spellbinders Shapeabilities -Foliage (Love these)

The butterflies are Sissix Dies-Butterflies#4
I added a couple of layers of Moon Glow Two Tone Embossing Powders
Imperial Crown Purple Gold and Angel Wings Ruby,These are amazing embossing powders as the have a resistant in them so when colours are used together the results are wonderful and the beauty of  the is  you never get the same finished result twice -just magical.I purchased these from The Stamp Man.
I also used a Derwent pencil to add some shading around the bird cage

I used Punchinella and pigment ink to get the honeycomb effect on the base card
The sentiment from Flowersoft and KatySue Designs.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge
christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/vintage.html 

Thanks so much for dropping by hope you like what you see.
Jacqueline