Monday 14 January 2013

Happy New Year....

It's been a while since my last post but somehow Christmas got in the way.I hope you all had a very happy and peaceful Christmas and I would like to wish you all very Happy New Year,I am so happy to be back in the land of blog, and I am looking forward to seeing all your creations in 2013.There is so much inspiration and talent out there sometimes my head hurts because I get so many ideas I just don't which one of them to try out first.
On to my first post of 2013,hope you like it.

Image from  http://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.co.uk
  ( this is is beautiful blog),
It was taken from one of a series of 12 images - Victorian Calender.
So Thank You to Megan Berry  for making this available to download, 

What I used:
 Marianne Design Dies- the birds here and the bird cage.
I then glued them onto the base of the main part of the card using tacky glue.
These were cut from the backing of a A4 writing pad,this was very much like chipboard and gave me the thickness I wanted to create this embossed effect.
.Although the image does not seem to have picked it up I placed creased strips of  masking tape onto my card at the bottom right and top left hand corners.
.I then painted a layer of Gesso over the whole of the card .Once dry I then used a pink pigment ink  to give a distressed feel to the card.,I also used Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress Ink to add a little more depth of colour to shaded areas
I also used hot glue from my glue gun over the top of the masking tape to give a further textured effect.
I have seen this technique being used on YouTube.
Once the glue had dried I brushed Perfect Pearls over the top (It gave a lovely finish to a simple medium)


The flowers,pearls and ribbon  were from my stash
Leaves are Spellbinders Shapeabilities -Foliage (Love these)

The butterflies are Sissix Dies-Butterflies#4
I added a couple of layers of Moon Glow Two Tone Embossing Powders
Imperial Crown Purple Gold and Angel Wings Ruby,These are amazing embossing powders as the have a resistant in them so when colours are used together the results are wonderful and the beauty of  the is  you never get the same finished result twice -just magical.I purchased these from The Stamp Man.
I also used a Derwent pencil to add some shading around the bird cage

I used Punchinella and pigment ink to get the honeycomb effect on the base card
The sentiment from Flowersoft and KatySue Designs.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge
christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/vintage.html 

Thanks so much for dropping by hope you like what you see.
Jacqueline




12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jacqueline such soft colours

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your details, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that fabulous comment Jacqueline!!
    Your card is delightful, wonderful colours and stunning details.......I love your beautiful image.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jacqueline you certainly are back and in amazing form. Such a beautifully detailed card. Sweet image surrounded by perfect embellishments. Love it.
    Happy New Year to you too
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jacqueline what a lot of work you put into this, and it is so worth it. Absolutely gorgeous! Love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful jacqueline.stunning vintage image and details and your design is really pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever creation love the vintage and the beautiful design
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jacqueline,love the vintage imge.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card Jacqueline and a great explanation. I have some moonglow embossing powder, love it. Going to check out that link too, thank you.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops forgot to say, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jacqueline, I am just stopping by to wish you a happy weekend, despite our snowy weather. Keep warm and stay safe, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely and perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    xx

    ReplyDelete