Wednesday 28 November 2012

Beatrix Potter

Hi everyone .hope you are all well and that this miserable weather isn't getting you down to much.My heart goes out to all those that have been flooded out of their homes,my thoughts are with them.The most I have to complain about is getting wet,so I count myself lucky.

On to my post I was asked by a friend from work  if I would create a card for her granddaughter to give to her mummy,her granddaughter was born three months premature weighing just one pound thirteen ounces and for both her and her mum it was touch and go for a while,thankfully they both pulled through and are doing well.This little girl is certainly a little miracle she now weighs just short of nine pounds and is a picture of health..I wanted to make something special for them and this what I came up with, hope you like it.It is an  A4 size card  I did struggle  a liitle to  get a good camera shot with my fairly basic camera.


I used :
The Tales of Beatrix Potter a compilation Pc Cd Rom from Crafters Companion( which is a  Create and Craft Club Member  free gift)
Marianne Designs Dies-Flourish
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies
 Spellbinders Foliage Dies
Create Dies -Butterflies
Wild Orchid Flowers
Martha Stewart Border Punch




A sideways view:
 I created a shadow box which I painted with Gesso and then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar,
all other embellishments are from stash.



Thanks for dropping by
Jacqueline

13 comments:

  1. This is absoluteley stunningly gorgeous sweetie in every way, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jacqueline love Beatrix Potter

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Jacqueline. Love the image and the shadow box is great. Fabulous layout and flowers
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the fab image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in awe with this totally gorgeous creation Jacqueline!!! Love the gold swirls along with the fantastic pastel flowers. Amaing design and LO. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jacqueline this is a real beauty! So very special for such a special occasion too. Absolutely love it! In reply to your lovely comment received on my Blog, yes my heart goes out to those on the East side of our Town, it seems that the Kipper House is now being affected too which we are renouned for here. I am thankful we live on the opposite side of Town. Sketches? Well I love working to sketches, it means I am halfway there with planning which layout to use, and a monthly one means lots of time too. This is ideal for me! Enjoy your weekend, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for your lovely message on my Blog. All the very best to you too. I think we are all the same, a dash dash dashing! Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year Jacqueline! Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog. I would love it if you popped over to A Die for a Sketch Challenge and joined in. Their Sketches are super easy, and it does not close til the end of the month. I love Sketches, it means I don't need to think about what layout to use. Also, you may like to join in at Christmas Cards All Year Round where I am on the Dt now too. How lovely to have some made in advance for next year! Enjoy, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is just gorgeous, I love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jacqueline, this is wonderful. Fabulous image and the floral arrangement is gorgeous.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Jacqueline for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment on my sewing basket project! Your creations are amazing! Such gorgeous details to all of your cards! They're just simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Returning your visit Jacquline, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
    You have some beautiful work, I particularly like the 90th card on the next page ...just equisite x

    ReplyDelete