Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Beatrix Potter

Hi everyone .hope you are all well and that this miserable weather isn't getting you down to much.My heart goes out to all those that have been flooded out of their homes,my thoughts are with them.The most I have to complain about is getting wet,so I count myself lucky.

On to my post I was asked by a friend from work  if I would create a card for her granddaughter to give to her mummy,her granddaughter was born three months premature weighing just one pound thirteen ounces and for both her and her mum it was touch and go for a while,thankfully they both pulled through and are doing well.This little girl is certainly a little miracle she now weighs just short of nine pounds and is a picture of health..I wanted to make something special for them and this what I came up with, hope you like it.It is an  A4 size card  I did struggle  a liitle to  get a good camera shot with my fairly basic camera.


I used :
The Tales of Beatrix Potter a compilation Pc Cd Rom from Crafters Companion( which is a  Create and Craft Club Member  free gift)
Marianne Designs Dies-Flourish
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies
 Spellbinders Foliage Dies
Create Dies -Butterflies
Wild Orchid Flowers
Martha Stewart Border Punch




A sideways view:
 I created a shadow box which I painted with Gesso and then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar,
all other embellishments are from stash.



Thanks for dropping by
Jacqueline